Pages

Monday, September 14, 2020

Hidden Neighborhood of Whispering Pines


 

Last week I posted about the quaint and old neighborhood of Mesilla. Today I want to make sure you know about a very unusual neighborhood slightly North of the main part of Las Cruces. It's off U.S. 85 and it is just like entering another world far from the desert if you go for a nice Sunday drive out there. If you can get a house to buy out there, you're even luckier!

Tall pines are in each yard in this neighborhood. This cools it and scents the air delightfully. Shade abounds, and shade is a very desired commodity out here!

The homes themselves are gorgeous. And although it doesn't look like the rest of the desert, it is home to many Gambel's quail and roadrunners. I'm sure it has gray foxes and elf owls, too. Even our home in the Telshor area of the city has roadrunners, foxes, hawks, lizards, snakes, and owls! 

If you're considering Las Cruces for retirement, be sure to find a realtor who understands how very different our neighborhoods are, and which one would be a perfect fit for your needs. I know that while I love the desert, the pines in Whispering Pines really capture my heart! But when we bought here, we weren't aware of this hidden neighborhood. And in upcoming posts, I'll be talking about MANY other little neighborhoods that might just strike a chord with you. It's hard to find out about special little areas when you aren't living in the city where you might like to retire, so I hope to help with that.

0 Desert Friends have commented... :

Post a Comment